The ReactJS Developercan work with limited supervision from broad specifications to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications. The Developer designs, codes, tests and debugs moderately complex software programs, documents and maintains programs; and can make semi-routine technical decisions within clearly defined parameters but consults with other developers, managers or departments on unusual items, or issues affecting other components or departments.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Learn 3rd party APIs and the best practices for integrating with them.
- Demonstrable experience in the design, implementation, and integration of/with RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, native mobile application development, iOS and/or Android.
- Designs, develops and documents new software products and features.
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing.
- Maintains, updates and supports existing software features and solutions.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation.
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team.
- Obtains a strong knowledge and understanding of our software solutions.
- Participates on project teams.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Provides time estimates for assigned development.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education: Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience: At least 5 years of job experience programming in Java.
- Technical Experience:
- Experience in mobile development (iOS and Android SDKs)
- Experience developing highly scalable clustered JEE systems
- Fluent in J2EE Design Patterns, designing for enterprise-grade security, concurrency and effective session management
- Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks and applications
- Developing in Unix or Linux environments
- Web Application Servers. Oracle GlassFish is an asset
- Databases. MySQL is an asset
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is an asset.
- Experience with O/R frameworks (EJB3 in particular).
- Knowledge of the Agile SDLC and scrum methodologies.
- Strong testing, configuration and deployment skills.
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English.
- Experience developing financial transaction applications is an asset.
Posted: September 14, 2016
Closes:November 13, 2016