Job Description Summary
The Raw Material Planner will work very closely with the Direct Purchasing Buyers and Supply Chain Planners to align on the requirements needed to support manufacturing. This individual will use our planning systems to ensure their inventory buffers are maintained to optimize operational efficiency and maximize cash flow. The role will require strong analytical skills as there will be various data inputs to validate in order to meet inventory target levels and maintain inventory availability. The Raw Material Planner will play a key role in collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure full alignment when identifying and resolving process gaps. The raw material Planner will be an integral part of the Cell Culture team as we look to continue our tremendous growth!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and prioritize purchase orders requirements using SAP ERP in combination with Demand Driven MRP Software.
- Full responsibility for the subset of direct materials assigned to the position. This includes: understanding usage/demand, issuing Purchase Orders, setting delivery schedules, monitoring status of outstanding POs and deliveries, expediting when necessary, assisting with issues related to invoicing, follow-up on returns or refunds for non-conforming materials.
- Work closely with: Supply Chain Planners to determine and maintain appropriate inventory levels and safety stock of finished goods, Quality teams to ensure materials conform to specifications, Receiving team to resolve any delivery issues, Manufacturing managers on material issues which impact production schedules
- Raw Material Planner acts as contact point for company communication with Direct Purchasing Buyers/suppliers
- Participate on operational teams dealing with new product introduction and changes to existing products and meeting deliverables by assigned deadlines
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Maintain data integrity in ERP system/R+ for materials (vendor information, costing, stocking unit of measure, etc.)
- Work with various departments to effectively and efficiently align supply and demand.
- Support our new product introduction pipeline and help STEMCELL launch new products
- Working knowledge of DDMRP (Demand Driven MRP) systems, such as R+ is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Science
- At least 1 - 4 years of Procurement experience in a production environment. Work experience should demonstrate a progression of responsibilities and knowledge
- ERP/MRP system experience (familiarity with DDMRP concepts and practice a plus)
- Strong analytical skills for spend analytics and TCO calculation
- Wide knowledge of purchasing concepts, practices, procedures, and regulations
- Team player with the ability to contribute within procurement and on cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, fluent in English
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics