Ramp Agents, Full-Time (Terrace)
Join a great company!
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Terrace location is seeking Ramp Agents to support our diverse operations. This full-time position will work a variety of shifts which will be determined based on flight schedules and set by the Base Manager. These shifts may include weekday and weekend mornings, afternoons and/or evenings. We are seeking candidates with flexible availability who will be available to work a variety of shifts as needed.
Based on operation needs, the successful candidate must reside in Terrace, British Columbia.
Starting wage $20.00/hour plus a living allowance.
Ramp Agents support all ground operations, including aircraft de/anti-icing applications and are accountable for all areas of aircraft handling. They are required to operate in a safe and efficient manner and as directed by the Base Manager.
- Perform ramp services according to the standards set by Executive Flight Centre and airline customers.
- Load and unload aircraft.
- Marshall and chock aircraft.
- Provide a variety of servicing on aircraft.
- Assist in field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances for snow clearing.
- Direct passengers on the apron from aircraft to facilities or buses.
- Ensure correct aircraft loading information is given to each flight crew.
- Operate all ground service equipment.
- Provide award-winning ground handling services including building quality relationships with customers.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Responsible to clean all company vehicles and GSE equipment.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance with standard operating procedures
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would be an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required – No Graduated Driver’s License permitted.
- Airport Security Clearance is required; therefore, a criminal record check will be completed by the RCMP. Must be able to obtain Local Airside pass as a condition of employment.
- Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
- Obtain an airside vehicle operator permit (AVOP) within 30 days of employment.
- Standard First Aid (level C with AED) would be an asset.
- Must be able to work shift work, weekends and stat holidays.
- Able to work in inclement weather, overtime and extended shifts.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to lift or move up to 60 lbs independently.
- Able to work in confined spaces (aircraft cargo holds).
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Basic mathematic, trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
What EFC can offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits for Full Time Employees with minimal premiums.
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Group Retirement Plan including Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a Group RRSP for Full Time Employees.
- A discretionary bonus program based on over all company performance.
- An incredible work environment focused on hard work, fun and celebrating our successes.
- Career advancement opportunities in a variety of industries through the EFC Group of companies which include Aviation, Cargo, Operations, Construction, Facility Maintenance, Leasing, Administration, Heavy Duty Mechanic, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources, Safety, Training.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter in one document when applying for this position.
EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Customer Service and Support Other Operations and Logistics