ACL is a Canadian headquartered software company, nominated as a BC Top Employer, that helps the world's largest public and private companies stamp out fraud, operational waste and unethical business. You've seen the headlines; the growth opportunity ahead of us is amazing. With more than 14,000 customers globally, including 89% of the Fortune 500, we take pride in our stability but like to think of ourselves as a 25 year old startup. Our new Cloud products and our established analytics solutions give us an edge and we're disrupting the entire industry by leading auditors, risk and compliance professionals into the cloud and mobile.
Want to know more?
About the Role:
ACL is looking to hire a skilled technical manager to help lead a high performing SaaS Cloud R&D team based in Vancouver, BC. This team is building a core part of our future creating solutions focused on helping organizations manage risk and illuminate opportunity. The industry calls it GRC but we see even more potential for the future. In this role you will get to work with the many of the world's most famous branded companies helping them achieve success while ensuring they catch problems before it is too late or too costly.
You will join a rapidly growing organization focused on building industry transforming new Cloud capabilities, mobile apps and enterprise web services. This includes working at a big data scale and involves tech like Ruby/Rails, Golang, Elixir, Node.js, AngularJS, React, Hadoop, etc. We are Polyglot when it comes to choosing technology and we subscribe to a design first and lean/simplicity mindset.
You must have excellent leadership and strategic customer-focused thinking skills and a proven ability to collaborate, present and communicate well as well as mentor and grow people. You are not only passionate about creating beautiful software but also motivated to mentor people through effective goal setting, technical design, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and 1:1 support and mentorship.
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver beautiful software following a lean/agile approach.
- Lead by example writing awesome code.
- Be responsible for the development and technical leadership for core areas of our product platform.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Design & UX Design.
- Have oversight of one or more engineering projects.
- Lead both Development and QA functions.
- Collaborate with a peer group of R&D leaders.
- Help shape our engineering culture by improving our process and codebase.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience.
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous delivery/deployment experience & mindset
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments (aka, you deliver)
- Software engineering chops (architecture, algorithms, languages)
- Ideally you've worked with Ruby on Rails creating single page apps using AngularJS or similar frameworks.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Focus on creating simple and elegant solutions to real customer problems
- Bring your creative ideas, collaborative attitude and strong work ethic with you every day.
Are you ready to join?
ACL is a place where new ideas get noticed, get invested in and fuel something big. If this sounds like you or a place you want to drive your career, go ahead and apply at acl.com.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out as we are always on the hunt for great talent!