Are you a bright, capable engineer, analyst or computer scientist with a strong background in math and physics who excels in a flexible research-driven work environment? As part of a small team, you would contribute to various research and development activities and projects that are conducted to increase MDA's competitiveness and growth. The position could require you to exploit space borne Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) or optical remote sensing data to product derived information products and services. Other data sources are often exploited in conjunction with SAR and optical data to provide a more comprehensive solution.
MDA is a world leading provider of Earth Observation satellite missions and ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and exploitation of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical and operational solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Building on 40 years of success in satellite Earth Observation leadership, we are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of large, complex Earth Observation satellite technologies and software systems. Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Primary Activities
The Analyst/Software Engineer would contribute in all or some of the following areas:
- Analyze and solve complex research problems in the fields of decision support, resource management, situation analysis, and/or data mining
- Work on decision-support systems and simulators
- Develop computationally intensive algorithms to advance existing software solutions
- Prototype, test, integrate, demonstrate, and deploy software tools necessary to analyze and verify the performance of new algorithms
- Prepare technical documents and presentations, including external publications and proposals
Candidates must have the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- 7+ years&rsquo experience
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Physics, or a combination of related education and experience
- Experience in addressing complex research tasks
- Experience with algorithm design, development, implementation and verification
- Possess an understanding of software engineering, software development life cycle, object oriented software design and programming and data structures
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C++
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of mathematics
- A team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
- Possess excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and exploit new technologies
- The ability to work within a large commercial organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
It would be an asset for the candidate to have two or more of the following:
Special Comments/ConsiderationsExperience in Machine Learning would be a definite asset.
- High-level courses in algorithm design
- Experience with the discrete optimization methodologies
- Experience with software for optimization of scheduling, planning, association
- Experience with software for data modelling, scrubbing, and analysis
- An understanding of geographical information systems, and the utilization of remote sensing imagery
- Knowledge of mathematical programming and experience with Gurobi or CPLEX
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.