Are you a bright, capable engineer, analyst or computer scientist with a strong background in math or physics who excels in a flexible research-driven work environment? As part of a small team, you would contribute to various research and development activities and projects that are conducted to increase MDA's competitiveness and growth. The position could require you to exploit advanced algorithms for evidence-based decision making or innovative quantitative analysis, including scheduling of remote sensing platforms, area coverage planning, and association between disparate data sources.
MDA is a world leading provider of Earth Observation satellite missions and ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and exploitation of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical and operational solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Building on 40 years of success in satellite Earth Observation leadership, we are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of large, complex Earth Observation satellite systems. Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world.Primary Activities
The Analyst would contribute in all or some of the following areas:
- Analyze and solve complex research problems in the fields of remote sensing and data mining
- Develop computationally intensive algorithms to advance existing software solutions, for example to process SAR, optical and other image and non-image data
- Prototype, execute, test and demonstrate software tools necessary to analyze and verify the performance of new or improved algorithms
- Prepare technical documents and presentations, including external publications and proposals
Candidates must have the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- 2-5 years&rsquo experience
- A graduate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or a combination of related education and experience
- Experience in addressing complex research tasks
- Experience with algorithm development and implementation, for example using MATLAB or Python
- Ability to quickly learn new domains and exploit new technologies, such as space borne remote sensing
- Possess excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of math and physics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to work within a large commercial organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
It would be an asset for the candidate to have:
Special Comments/ConsiderationsExperience in Machine Learning would be a definite asset.
- Digital signal processing and image processing experience
- Knowledge of SAR or Optical remote sensing, including hyperspectral remote sensing
- An understanding of geographical information systems, and the utilization of remote sensing imagery
- Experience in Machine Learning applied to digital imagery
- An understanding of software engineering and software development life cycle
- An understanding of object oriented software design and programming
- Proficiency in at least one OO programming language, e.g., Java or C++
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.