129850 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At
SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business
software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
In-memory computing became reality through recent technology advances in main memory sizes, massive multi-core processing, and distributed data management. It leverages technology innovation to establish real-time analysis of business data and combines both: transactions and analytics to improve existing business processes with a dramatic increase in performance.
The SAP HANA database is the basis for new, groundbreaking SAP applications and is the de facto standard as database development platform for all current and future SAP products - within the cloud, and on premise. The SAP HANA database represents the cutting-edge of in-memory relational databases!
We – the SAP HANA database core team of developers and support engineers designed an engine that performs massive parallel in-memory processing of huge data sets, to offer extremely fast real-time responses for analytic queries. HANA can also retrieve and classify unstructured data from text documents in SAP applications and can control access to unstructured data in underlying systems like provided by Hadoop.
An essential part of this team is the development support team, which is responsible for providing HANA development support (mainly for our external customer base) and ensure high quality of the SAP HANA database platform.
We seek experienced people or graduates to extend our development support/quality assurance team.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You responsibility and main goals are to:
* Analyze complex database platform/engine problems of reported by external and internal stakeholders and report and track product issues back to development in the role as a development support engineer.
* Closely cooperate with developers: set up systems and scenarios to help developers to fix issues in the shortest possible time.
* Demonstrate innovative thinking to provide workarounds and alternative solutions.
* Stay eager and be excited about continuously learning in cutting-edge areas of: database, application and server technology.
Your other responsibilities will also include:
* Work hand-in-hand and with development and provide feedback to improve supportability features for SAP HANA.
* Participate in writing official documentations and technical notes.
* Collaborate with talented colleagues in three time zones worldwide to cover 24x7 development support.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You should meet several or all of these required competencies and skills:
* Excellent analytical and technical problem solving skills.
* Excellent knowledge of SQL and their usage in OLAP / OLTP applications.
* Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
* Good knowledge of relational database architectures (ASIC.
* Have a developer mindset: Ability to read and understand code flow in programming languages like C++, Python and knowledge of common data structures (stacks, lists) and understand call-stacks.
* Advanced LINUX and UNIX skills (OS commands for performance and status analysis, shell scripting).
* Eagerness and initiative to improve quality of complex software written in C++.
* Collaborative team player with a positive self-motivated can-do attitude.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
Bonus if you have experience with:
* Code profilers, C++ debuggers (like gdb), database performance analysis.
* Distribution strategies for data or tasks (partitioning, job graphs).
* Server- and high availability technologies (file systems, cluster technologies, TCP/IP networking).
* German is a plus.
* Work experience with database administration, development or customer support is welcome.
* Experience with SAP systems (ERP, BW) or Data Warehouse applications/principles is of advantage. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Developer, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Quality, Engineering
Posted: February 24, 2017
Closes:March 11, 2017