Since its inception 50 years ago, Ideal Welders has grown steadily from a one-man operation to its industry-leading position, servicing a diverse range of clients around the world. The vision for excellence, innovation, and growth continues, and it is an exciting time for Ideal.
We are currently in search of a seasoned Quality Manager to join us at our facility on Annacis Island in Delta, B.C. This is a key position with significant career development potential.
Here’s what you’ll do:
As the Quality Manager you will report to and take direction from the Corporate Quality Manager. Your primary responsibilities are to provide leadership to the internal Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams, manage external third party inspectors, oversee the quality and test plans, and contribute to the success of our quality programs.
Highlights of job duties include:
- Provide leadership to the Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams; manage outside third party inspectors
- Oversee the quality programs, and ensure seamless turnover of documentation to the client
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease rework, and streamline work processes
- Complete internal auditing in accordance with project audit plan
Here’s what we’re seeking in the successful candidate:
- Related post-secondary education
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Manager in a related industry
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills
- CSA 178.2 CWB Level 2 Welding Inspector certification
- API 510/570/653 would be an asset
- NACE CIP Certification would be an asset
- A good understanding of quality inspection procedures, tools and equipment
- Experience in visual inspection
- Strong interpersonal skills. A positive and team-oriented approach to work. Dependable and trustworthy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Here’s what we offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly successful and growing company
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- A positive and thriving work environment
- Career development opportunities
- Central location on Annacis Island with easy access from all major arteries
To learn more about Ideal Welders go to: https://www.idealwelders.com/
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume by responding directly to this ad.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Oil, Gas and Utilities