Software Quality Engineering at BuildDirect
As a member of our Technology team at BuildDirect, you work with a multi-disciplinary group of bright and motivated people. Our teams operate autonomously to solve real customer problems with smart and innovative solutions, end to end. Teams own their product architecture, implementation, testing, deployment and operations. Teams are empowered and accountable for its full life cycle. We measure success and its impact with data collected from our platform. You will use modern software engineering approaches like micro services, cloud deployment and auto scaling, continuous and iterative software delivery, and data driven decision making.
We are equally obsessed with hiring great colleagues as with building great software.
As a Quality Engineering Lead you will assume ownership of the tools and best practices to ensure quality products are delivered by our teams and aid teams in their efforts to continually automate our testing and delivery. You work with engineers as partners. You’re Agile in your approach and can automate just about anything. Examples of what QA Engineers are doing here
- Lead BuildDirect’s test automation strategy to make tests fast, reliable, repeatable, and visible
- Put in place tooling to make it easier to run various tests, from performance, API, to integration tests
- Mentor other Quality Engineers and development peers to write great test automation
- Drive down costs for BuildDirect and allow us to deliver products faster
Experience that is relevant to us
- Quality Engineering and test automation on various platforms, like .NET or Node JS
- Hands on experience with testing platforms like Selenium and test mocking tools
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration platforms like Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Exposure to web patterns like services, REST API’s, React or Angular JS, TDD, test automation or continuous delivery
- Experience with iterative software delivery using Agile, XP, Scrum or Kanban
- Mentoring, growing and enabling engineers and quality engineers all around you
- Always curious and always wanting to continuously learn and improve
- A desire to transform and take "test automation" to the next level within BuildDirect
What is BuildDirect’s mission?
BuildDirect is a technology company, building an open platform for the home improvement industry. Our platform enables home-owners and contractors to find the perfect home improvement product from a large online selection. Our mission is to transform the home improvement industry, empower home owners to create their dream home, enable suppliers and manufacturers to supply what home owners really want and the way they want it, and reimagining the home improvement industry. BuildDirect by the numbers
Founded in 1999 in beautiful Vancouver. Today over 300 employees with more than 110 in the Technology groups in Vancouver, Waterloo and Bangalore. Every month 2.5 million home owners visit BuildDirect and we ship eight million pounds of products over a distance of about six million miles. Learn more at https://www.builddirect.com/Welcome .
- Unlimited paid vacation
- "Learn something new" benefit – use it to learn anything… Getting better every day means constantly learning.
- You’ll learn more in one year at BD than anywhere else!
- Stock options
- Free weekly yoga class, fresh organic fruit, and onsite gym/lockers/bike storage
- A fabulous office in downtown Vancouver with penthouse patios and mountain views
- It’s not all work and no play! We have socials every Friday afternoon in our lounge so you can connect with your team mates and relax and wind down at the end of the week