Job Description Summary
At STEMCELL Technologies, we are able to ensure our products maintain the highest quality in helping scientists through our Quality Operations Team. As a Quality Control Specialist, you enjoy thoroughly investigating complex problems, exercising your judgment when evaluating solutions. You consistently maintain the Quality Management System (QMS), compliance to applicable regulations, and required documentation for all Business Operations (BOP) Products that flow through Quality Control. If you are enthusiastic about career growth opportunities, and you embody a continuous improvement mindset, this role could be for you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Assist in maintaining the corporate-wide QMS for the sourcing and distribution of BOP products which includes Research Use Only (RUO) and regulated materials
- Support BOP product launches by developing quality specifications and setting up material and inspection data in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Participate in the generation and improvement of Quality Control documents, including SOPs, Work Instructions, SDS, and Certificates of Analysis (CoAs)
- Perform quality inspection, which includes reviewing various forms of supplier quality documents, transacting in the ERP, and generating CoAs
- Execute on quality notifications, including New Product Introductions (NPIs), Change Control Requests (CCRs), Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), and Temporary Change Requests (TCRs)
- Bachelor of Science or technical degree with at least 2 years of related experience
- Aptitude for learning and working with various technology platforms
- Coordinate and execute responsibilities relating to Quality Control with a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively collaborate in a team environment
- Effective understanding of QMS, industry standards and regulations
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!