Job Description Summary
Looking to apply your laboratory experience to ensure STEMCELL continues to make high quality products? Contribute to our motto of "Scientists Helping Scientists" by performing product testing and documentation practices to verify STEMCELL products meet strict quality standards. This is an excellent position to develop an understanding of our products and the regulatory processes involved in the biotechnology industry. Our reagents and kits are used by scientists around the world, and by guaranteeing the quality you will play a role in supporting cancer, immunology, stem cell, regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and many other areas of research!
Analysts in our Quality Control team are responsible for testing of finished products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation. You'll work with a supportive team and collaborate with many other departments, including Quality Assurance, Research and Development, Process Development, and Product Support. This is your chance to work alongside motivated and intelligent individuals who are passionate about the work they do to support life science research. If you are looking for a stable career with Canada's largest biotechnology company, combined with opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment, this is the team for you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform QC tests for Media and Cell Separation products according to approved QC procedures, including data analysis and report preparation.
- Participate and perform QC assays to screen and select raw materials for a variety of finished products.
- Participate in thedevelopment orimprovement of QC testing procedures, including writing or revisingSOPs and working documents or templates.
- Perform method validation for the in-house developed analytical and cell-based methods.
- Cell culture and processing for various applications.
- Operation of specialized lab equipment as required (e.g. flow cytometer).
- Perform non-routine analysis and testing with direction (e.g. troubleshooting, assay optimization, customer complaint investigations).
- Media and reagent preparation for conducting any assay as described.
- Investigate and document out-of-specification results and non-conformanceto support andmaintain Quality Systems requirements.
- Apply a quality mindset and critical thinking skills to all aspects of work conducted.
- Analyze data and accurately complete QC testing reports using good documentation practices.
- General laboratory and equipment maintenance and monitoring.
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers to promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
- BSc or MSc in Biology, Biochemistry or Immunologywith emphasis on Cell Biology and 0-2 years of related laboratory experience.
- Experience with cell culture is highly desirable.
- Excellent laboratory skills including aseptic technique.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collaborative, team-oriented.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and record-keeping skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Familiarity with Quality Systems and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).Experience in GMPenvironmentan asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!