Job Description Summary
The Quality Control Analyst, Microbiology will be part of a dynamic team performing environmental monitoring of cleanrooms, performing and coordinating microbiological analysis of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products including data analysis and documentation. Other responsibilities may include assisting with non-conformances and product related investigations.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Environmental monitoring of controlled cleanrooms and laboratory areas, including data analysis and assisting with report preparation.
- Perform routine sampling and analysis of purified water system for bioburden and endotoxin.
- Perform various tests, including endotoxin, bioburden, mycoplasma and media growth promotion according to approved procedures, including data analysis and report preparation.
- Operation, cleaning and maintenance of microbiology laboratory and equipment.
- Purchase and maintain inventory for laboratory supplies and other materials.
- Coordinate and work with external contract laboratories and vendors to schedule testing requirements
- Maintains accurate records of work performed and documents results according to good documentation practices and established procedures.
- Assists in the investigations, non-conformances and deviations as required.
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers to achieve departmental objectives and promote a safe and supportive working environment
- Occasional weeknight or weekend work may be required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum BSc or technical degree in Microbiology or equivalent with 0-2 years related lab experience (co-op work experience is applicable).
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy
- Excellent attention-to-detail and record-keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of USP test methods in microbiology laboratory (an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!