At Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE), we are customer obsessed and think big. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon. To achieve this goal we are seeking for a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE).
As a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE), you will help build the next generation of recruiting systems. You will have the opportunity to play an effective role in defining both how our products will work for Amazonians and how they will function under the hood. The team has a high quality bar, will live and breathe sound development practices and will iterate quickly on the products it will create.
You are dedicated and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the QA team, you will lead the quality assurance efforts in delivering robust feature sets, intuitive designs, and user interfaces that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world. Most importantly, you have a passion for Learning, Quality, and Continuous Improvement.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, related disciplines and/or equivalent professional training & experience
• 3+ years of relevant work experience with strong knowledge of Quality Assurance Methodologies and tools
• 3+ years of experience automating test cases with at least one language - Java, C#, C++; scripting experience with Selenium Webdriver
• Experience with testing for both web applications, backend services, and non-functional testing
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative in improving test coverage and effectiveness.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A passion for testing and advocating for quality
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, test execution and designing, implementing and maintaining high quality test automation
• Experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests in a Unix environment
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Familiarity with Java unit testing frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status