Position at Absolute Software
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Release (Parallel) testing team in Vancouver.
You will work as part of QA team, participating in Pre-production integration and Production testing for Absolute products releases. As the QA Engineer on the team, you will be expected to set a high standard for quality and drive continuous improvement to our automated and manual tests, increasing coverage and effectiveness. To be successful on our team, you will need to be a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments. Responsibilities:
What you will need to be considered:
- Review product requirements and other technical documentation to ensure testability and completeness.
- Define and document the test strategy and integration/system test cases for new features.
- Review and validate completed work from Scrum teams for every sprint on QA integration environment by performing End to End, Exploratory, Integration, System and UAT tests.
- Develop test cases using Selenium and REST Assured, in a Linux or Microsoft Windows environment, for our Web Application (user interface) and our middle tier RESTful endpoints.
- Execute manual and automated test cases on a regular basis, measuring and analyzing code coverage over time.
- Perform Production Verification Testing.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to analyze and resolve issues.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our test automation framework and quality assurance processes.
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team.
What you will need to stand out:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- 3 + years of experience with testing Enterprise software in a Client/Server or Web environment, focusing on Security, Performance, RESTful APIs and Web Application testing.
- 3+ years of experience developing automated functional tests.
- Solid test plan and test case writing skill.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated, and responsible team-player.
Why Work For Us:
- Experience with VMWare, Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Show us how your analytic ability, experience and ability to think like a user help you create test strategies and cases that ensure our product quality is top notch.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, Test Management for Jira (Zephyr Scale), REST Assured and Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with cloud environment such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Micro services testing.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel .
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming