Vancouver, BC Term:
Winter 2017 Duration:
4 months, with a possibility of extension to 8 months
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 375 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are growing our QA team and are looking for energetic and easy going individuals who are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working in a larger synergetic team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies, love the modern web and have an interest in QA! Role Responsibilities:
- Creation, maintenance and execution test cases
- Identification and logging of defects using a defect tracking system, and verification of fixes
- Investigation of issues in order to determine specific steps for reproduction and scope
- Implement automation test in C# and MsTest framework or Java and Junit
- Generation of data that is required for repeated regression of test cases
- Analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration on a low level where you may be exposed to a variety of different technologies
- Documentation of information on Confluence Wiki
- Write and maintain automation tests to support our core application
- Basic understanding of Agile Development Methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Strong understanding of object orientated programming, preferably Java
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Quick learner who enjoys learning new technologies and is able to keep the big picture in mind during the testing of a system that integrates with other systems
- Working knowledge of modern web application design and development
- Previous QA automation testing experience
- Experience with Java, and IntelliJ and/or Eclipse
- Experience with C# and Visual Studio, and object oriented programming
- Experience with Selenium RC and WebDriver
- Domain knowledge specific to web applications and related testing methodologies
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence Wiki
- Conceptualization of GIT and SVN
- Experience with J-Meter
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter, resume, and university transcripts
in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.