The QA Analyst responsibilities include testing web technologies, websites, web applications, client-server systems, eCommerce and other platforms.
Through collaboration with other members of the QA and Engineering team, the QA Analyst contributes to, or is responsible for, the creation of test plans, test strategies, and test cases, which meet the needs of the high-quality standards set at ACD Systems.
- Expertise – demonstrable depth of knowledge and skill in Quality Assurance/Software testing.
- Initiative – the ability to identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Innovation - the ability to foster, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, procedures, or technologies.
- Teamwork - the ability to foster interest, skill, and success in getting groups to work well together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, document, develop, and execute black-box testing. Includes the development and execution of test plans, test strategies, and test cases.
- Test by comparing operation to documentation.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software.
- Recommend modifications, and additions to features.
- Work with Engineering to establish and verify benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times.
- Review hardware, operating systems, networking environments, and competitor software.
- Identify and build applicable hardware and test environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must understand black-box testing methodologies.
- Technical knowledge of PC, networking and operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience working with Git and version control systems.
- Have strong test-strategy development skills, including creation of test cases, with or without a specification document.
- Experience with testing tools, and when their use is beneficial.
- Organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving, analytical and investigative skills.
- Technical knowledge of digital imaging software as well as hardware products (desirable).
- An understanding of white-box testing methodologies (desirable).
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment (desirable).
- Experience working with JMeter and Selenium (desirable).
- Careful attention to detail.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science; or related experience.
- 2+ years of QA experience in a formal testing environment.