Engineering Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are searching for energetic and talented software quality assurance engineer with an interest in security software for the Windows platform. The role is part of a new team that is building next-generation protection features to guard against network oriented exploits such as EternalBlue or EternalRocks and other sophisticated attack vectors. This cutting-edge technology will fit into and extend the existing Sophos stack of anti-exploit features already protecting millions of customers.
As a member of the team you’ll be involved in all aspects of our agile development process in an open, collaborative environment. This role provides a great opportunity to immerse yourself in a development team that delivers a premier security product used by millions of users every day. We are passionate about making very secure, high quality software for the latest Windows platforms, and looking for people with a similar point of view.
Try the free Sophos Home version of our product yourself:
Learn more about Sophos (including some great comedy) from our video library:
You will be working as part of a team of experienced software development professionals, using the latest tools, technologies, and industry best practices. The team has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ mindset, and you are expected to be part of that culture.
You will be working closely with Product Managers, developers, and other QA engineers to define test cases, verify new product features during story development, and create regression test cases as required. Our engineering workflows put emphasis on "building in" quality and you will be involved with all phases of development, from design to implementation to delivery.
You will recommend test priorities, assess quality risks, report on test progress and raise issues as required. Depending on experience, skill and desire, you will be able to shape and influence your role and duties within the team.
Experience and Skills
Desirable Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience working with commercial software
- 3+ years experience designing and executing test cases based on high-level requirements or use cases
- Ability to learn and understand complex systems and technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Devotion to producing high quality, high performance systems
- Able to prioritize, focus and drive tasks to completion
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience using Perl, Python or Ruby (we build lots of tools with these)
- Experience working with web or virus protection software
- Bachelors degree in Computer Software or equivalent
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Posted: February 19, 2018
Closes:April 20, 2018