Engineering Vancouver, BC, Canada
As a QA Engineer in the Network Security Group, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development process from concept & design to delivery. The team works in an Agile development environment, and you will be involved in all aspects of the software development process. You will interact with Product Managers and Development Managers to define testing requirements/strategies for the product, and ensure the team delivers a quality product to our customers.
This role provides a great opportunity to immerse yourself in a fully Agile development team that delivers a quality product to real customers around the world. The team has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ mentality, so there will also be opportunities to try out new technologies and processes.
This position is based at our Canadian office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Work closely with Product Managers and developers to develop test ideas from high level requirements
- Refine test ideas into test plans & test cases for product features
- Execute test plans to ensure the product is of high quality before being delivered to customers
- Report on test progress, recommend test priorities, assess quality risks and raise issues as required
Experience And Skills
- 3+ years’ experience working with commercial software
- 3+ years’ experience designing and executing test cases based on high-level requirements or use cases
- Ability to learn and understand complex systems and technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize, focus and drive tasks to completion
- Devotion to producing high quality, high performance systems
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
- 2+ years experiencing working with Linux-based commercial software
- Experience working with Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Working knowledge of different networking protocols (e.g. HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience working with enterprise-level virtualization products (e.g. VMware ESX/ESXi) in a commercial capacity
- Experience working with web or virus protection software
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Software or the equivalent
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Posted: November 20, 2016
Closes:December 28, 2016