ACL a 29-year-old software start up based in Vancouver that has been named one of BC's Top Employer and one of Canada's Best Small and Medium Employers. We have more than 14,000 customers globally, including 90% of the Fortune 500, so we like to think we know a thing or two about success and about having an impact. After all, we help the world's largest public and private companies stamp out fraud, operational waste and unethical business with the world's only cloud-based audit and GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) platform.
ACL has made a huge investment in our R&D team and we achieve amazing results. We were named the BCTIA Technology Impact Award's Team of the Year 2015 and are a 2016 Silver Stevie Award recipient. We are looking for an awesome co-op student to join us in a QA Engineer position for 4 or 8 months to be a part of our next big thing.
As a QA Engineer, the mandate of the role is to enhance and ensure the integrity and quality of the product. This includes participating in product design of new features, creating and executing test cases, and providing feedback to developers on product issues. The QA Engineer will be expected to create and assist in maintaining the automation scripts.
- Test Design and Planning: Attend regular agile team meetings and being a contributor to the feature areas scheduled for development. This will also include up front evaluation of the Acceptance Criteria and ensuring that the test areas will provide sufficient coverage.
- Test Implementation: Create tests cases for all product features and executing the plans both manually and via automation. Create regression test plans and providing peer review of test cases to ensure that the product coverage is thorough and standards are being followed. Create and executing User Case scenarios that cover end-to-end product usability. Create Performance test scenarios to ensure the product meets market expectations.
- Automation: Create, run, and maintain quality Selenium based automation scripts.
- Cross functional Communication: communicate with other members of the R&D to ensure the smooth resolution of problems and appropriately addressing defects and product enhancements.
- Working towards a University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and participating in your schools co-op program
- Working knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server
- Good objected-oriented programming skills and quick to learn new programming languages
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Want to learn more about ACL?