QA Engineer - Amazon Prime & Delivery Experience
Reference ID: 450099
Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Do you enjoy diving under the surface to uncover how massively scalable systems with multiple dependencies work? If you are seeking a fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, this is your opportunity! We are creating a world class QA Organization and we need world class QAEs to deliver on this vision.
The Amazon Prime and Delivery Experience teams are at the forefront of customer innovation. Our systems are invoked in every physical good purchase made worldwide through Amazon. Our QAEs test code at both the service and user level, using a variety of black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. As a QA Engineer, you will determine our test strategy across multiple dependencies, locales and device types and implement highly scalable automation to enable both UI (web and device level) and back end testing.
You must be able to understand software internals, debug problems complex problems including performance bottlenecks, and write automated tests in Java and/or using existing automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand business drivers and technical implementation of features. QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. You must have experience in diagnosing project release problems and taking corrective action, such as escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve results. Our QAEs are also responsible for driving our software development process toward quality-centric methodologies and for reporting on test progress, metrics, issues and risks.
Basic Qualifications • Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution of highly complex systems.
• Ability to design and plan testing conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control.
• Experience with QA strategies such as mocking, pairwise testing and UI and API level automation.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
• Ability to write quality code in at least one high level language like Java, C, C#, etc.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings to report on test progress, metrics, issues, and risks.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
Preferred Qualifications • Experience in testing web technologies, services, and physical devices.
• Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML.
• Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies.
Posted: December 8, 2016
Closes:February 6, 2017