120929 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a QA Developer working on the Jam Extensions and Platform team, you will help to test, automate, scale, and extend SAP Jam – SAP's cloud-based enterprise social networking product. SAP Jam enables social networking and collaboration with external participants (customers, recruits, partners, vendors, suppliers). It includes business tools to collaboratively solve problems by strategizing, ranking items, enabling groups to weigh in on options, etc. As well as being a productive stand-alone cloud application, it can be integrated into business processes.
Our topics cover 2 broad areas. The first is Extensions: creating developer and integration toolkits for SAP Jam on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, developing Jam APIs and integration widgets, and working on end-to-end integrations with various integration partners. The second is Platform: DevOps, security, administrative functionality, performance engineering and platform architecture. We work with other teams, both inside and outside SAP, as well as partners and customers.
The SAP Jam team works in a fast-paced engineering environment using current technologies. Our back-end is primarily Ruby on Rails. If you don’t know it, you will pick it up soon on the job! The team has strong engineers to learn from and share knowledge with. We also have the satisfaction of working on a product that has many actual users and so each developer’s contributions can have a tangible and noticeable impact.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Strong interest in quality, in all its aspects: user experience, scalability, performance and metrics
• Notice defects and submit detailed bug reports. Contribute to triage and prioritization of issues, and follow up until issues are solved.
• Create detailed test designs using both exploratory and scripted testing methods
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, and weekly production deployments across multiple data centers, with manual and automated post-deployment testing.
• Participate actively in requirements, design, and feature reviews
• Work with other Jam Engineering teams and Operations teams located at other SAP locations such as South San Francisco, Shanghai, India, Germany and elsewhere.
• Be excited about keeping up with technology and changing tools, environments, and an agile engineering process where weekly deployments across multiple data centers world-wide is the norm.
• Enjoy a strong technical environment where all members of the Jam engineering team - including management, are close to the code, and making technical contributions.
• Potential to grow into one of the QA Release leads who drives a weekly release
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Required experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• The ability to solve technical computer problems by writing actual working code; this is very much a hands-on position.
• The ability to learn new technologies
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Easy to work with and adaptable to change
• Initiative and the desire to improve
Desirable experience and qualifications:
• Experience with testing tools such as JMeter, Selenium, LoadRunner, Watir, qunit, and Ruby/Rails unit testing
• Evidence of excellence in some capacity (could be via personal projects, exceptional success in some endeavor, etc.)
• Interest in technology as evidenced by knowledge of various forward-facing technologies, personal projects, contributions to open source etc.
• Interest in advanced programming languages
• Graduate degree
• Experience in developing web applications or complex software, ideally in a team environment in a software company. Some of this experience could be in coop terms or personal or academic projects. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: email@example.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No SelectionJob Segment:
Developer, ERP, Engineer, Web Design, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Creative