May 22, 2020 Title:
QA Analyst Company:
Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters Job Type:
Full-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Quality Analyst (QA) is responsible for ensuring the quality standards are met for application development and system implementation for a product domain. By following a disciplined and best practice approach, the QA Specialist ensures that s/he performs all functions and adheres to all QA practices and methodologies essential to meeting quality objectives of the product; end-user requirements have been satisfied; applications and systems have been developed and deployed in accordance with corporate policies and procedures; and the integrity of the Coast Capital Savings' data and ongoing business operations is preserved. What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Develop thorough understanding of the application architecture, development lifecycle and roadmap and create, execute and document detailed, accurate test cases and scenarios.
- Support the manager in testing activities like defining test data, test design, test execution and environment requirements.
- Support the manager in developing test strategies and plans, traceability matrices and test closure reports, for small to moderately complex projects.
- Provide test environment support, trouble shoot, triage issues, and coordinate resolution with all tech partners.
- Drive consensus amongst delivery and testing team on proposed solutions and support the finalization of implementation roadmap.
- Promote awareness of internal policies, practices and standards and apply them daily to deliver quality product.
- Promptly identify issues and engage with business/developers to quickly triage the issue and resolve.
- Present test results on a regular basis to the project team and track metrics to ensure on time delivery.
- Create and maintain project specific testing dashboards that provides executives with the current status of the testing projects and milestones.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement to help streamline the development life cycle; stay relevant on the latest testing tools and techniques to better serve Coast's customers.
- Coordinate with various teams including project team, developers and release management to prioritize testing tasks and ensure system functionality meets requirements.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the product assigned to you; develop functional knowledge of the assigned products to identify issues and risks.
- Continuously enhance core banking knowledge and Coast's product knowledge to ensure a strong understanding of business requirements.
- Be aware of regulatory standards (including OSFI) and expectations for information security, cyber security and privacy related to credit unions.
- 3+ years of job related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
- IT Industry QA Certification would be an asset.(i.e. ISTQB Foundation, Agile, or Practitioner)
- Understanding of and experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), testing concepts, methodologies and metrics.
- Strong knowledge of testing tools (i.e. HPALM, JIRA) and experience with other tools (i.e. Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Good understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodology of software development.
- Financial industry experience with core banking and digital applications
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain strategic relationship with internal customers (QA team, Business, Infrastructure, Architecture etc.).
- Experience and knowledge with test automation concepts (data-driven framework, keyword driven framework etc.) and tools (like Selenium, TestingWhiz, HP-UFT) would be an asset.
- Experience and knowledge with test performance testing tools like Loadrunner, Neoload etc. would be an asset.
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but...
- We improve Canadians' financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what's best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies - two of the nation's most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.