Position: Python Developer
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Reports to: Manager, Research & Development
The Python Developer will be responsible for working with project leaders, graphic designers, and scientists/developers to execute in-house projects. The Python Developer will be tasked with rewriting and developing new mission critical applications and developing modular code-frameworks to enable user friendly nanofabrication software. The Python Developer roll will work inside Python and Matlab coding languages and will include translating Matlab developed code to Python code. The ideal candidate must have a passion for technology and software building. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities. The goal is to design and build superior and innovative software by writing clean and flawless code.
● Software Development – Frontend and backend development of secure, user friendly applications to develop nano-optical devices. Debugging of existing in-house software.
● Project Planning – Track and manage multiple projects to deliver on-time, on-budget and to high quality standards in individual and team settings.
● Organizational – Ensure all materials are filed following agreed conventions and are easily accessible.
● Teamwork – Work effectively within a team of scientists and train, mentor and supervise junior employees performing work on specific tasks. Assist sales team with answering customer technical requests.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Education – University degree in computer-science, technology, engineering, math or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Communication – Strong ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, with the ability to adapt content and style to various audiences. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams and external stakeholders.
● Characteristics – Positive, dedicated, self-driven, hard-working professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines. Have a great sense of humour.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. With billions of security features in circulation, Nanotech’s products include secure and memorable security labels, stripes, patches, and colour-shifting films for currency authentication and brand protection.
KolourOptik is a patented technology that is exclusive to the government and banknote market and combines sub-wavelength nanostructures and microstructures to create modern overt security features with a unique and customizable visual effect. KolourOptik pure plasmonic colour pixels produce full colour, 3D depth, and movement used in security stripes and threads that are nearly impossible to replicate. At less than 5 microns thick, KolourOptik products seamlessly integrate into banknotes and other secure government documents.
LiveOptik is a patented technology that utilizes innovative nano-optics one tenth the size of traditional holographic structures to create next generation overt security features customized to our customers’ unique requirements. LiveOptik delivers multi-colour, 3D depth, movement, and image switches for secure brand protection stripes, threads, and labels that are nearly impossible to replicate.
Nanotech is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, include a cover letter, and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
About Nanotech Security Corp.
Our technologies harness the iridescent wings of the Blue Morpho Butterfly for one of the world’s most sophisticated security, authentication, and brand identification features.Read More