In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assisting customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs and is responsible for organizing and processing requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Responsible for clerical duties including reconciling invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and is responsible for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing technical and non-technical materials, spreadsheet, and database duties.
- Drafting all sourcing documents and conducts all related research and documentation. The Purchasing Clerk maintains master contract files and assists Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
- Orders supplies, equipment and services utilizing computerized procurement systems and software applications to administer direct, standing, contract and repair/service orders. Duties include: recieving and processing requisitions, checking the accuracy of department and account coding, determining price and availability from vendors, preparing purchase orders and communicates orders to vendors, expeditting orders, investigating and resolving backorders and delivery issues coordinating and/or arranging service repairs, maintaining records and departmental filing systems as required and processing credits owed with suppliers and processes returns to vendor.
- Maintains data integrity across supply chain files and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures by entering any new items and contracts as well as any changes including but not limited to supplier information, product information, product codes, units of measure, descriptions or prices as directed by the Buyer and/or Management.
- Resolves invoice and receiving discrepancies by researching discrepancies, liaising with customer & receiving personnel, communicates changes to internal/external clients, updates system files, processes product return/substitution documentation, and traces shipments as required to maintain system efficiency.
- Investigates and resolves back ordered items and damaged goods; traces duplicate shipments and organizes invoice adjustments and credit notes with suppliers as required; returns outdated and/or deleted stock to vendors.
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists contract sourcing by reviewing contract data to identify opportunities for consolidation, engages suppliers on contract extensions and prepares supporting documentation, communications, and related research for review and approval of Buyer and/or Management
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists in reviewing responses to competitive bids by recording and summarizing responses and presents initial data analysis to Buyer and/or Management for review and approval.
- Liaises with customers to: identify requirements and specifications, determine source of supply, availability and price of goods, obtain vendor quotes; provide customer with product and contract details and refers contract interpretation enquiries to Buyer and/or Management, arrange for approved product demonstrations with suppliers, vendors and user departments and processes related manual and/or electronic forms based on user department requests.
- Performs all clerical duties required by the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology such as perform data pulls, review data to ensure accuracy and integrity, enter item information, prices, product description and prepare documentation as required by Buyer and/or Management in the sourcing process, organizing and presenting data in required formats (ie: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, .pdf) and prepare related correspondence.
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, prepares and completes required contract documentation using standard templates where no material changes are required. Maintains and updates consolidated provincial contract registry in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides current information/reports, such as contract expiry, and utilization as required.
- Prepares product evaluation and validation forms and tabulates responses.
- Responds to routine enquiries related to order management. Prepares and coordinates related communication, for internal and external distribution.
- Performs general clerical duties as required, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please apply
- Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Casual ( On Call), No guaranteed hours. Must be available to pick up short call (1-5 hours) or pre-booked shifts (vacation coverage)Location:
$23.54/ per hour +12.6% Hours:
Until FilledReference #:
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # 074464E-2310235 Work Site Job Type Casual, Full-Time FTE 0.01 Hours of Work 7:30-15:30 OR A PORTION OF THESE HOURS AS OPERATIONALLY REQUIRED Work Days Expiry Date 30-Apr-2020