Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
Our Reliable family is growing, and we are looking to add an experienced Purchaser to our Supply Chain team. This is one of the key roles in the operations process of the company and it calls for a driven, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to do the job. This position will report directly to the Purchasing Manager. In addition to the rich, challenging and engaging nature of the role, we also offer a very competitive total compensation package, and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- Annual performance bonuses
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community on your own, or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free and convenient on-site parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers using best practices in order to meet project/customer requirements.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for pricing and lead-times.
- Review, evaluate, and action purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and timely delivery.
- Maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain.
- Minimize excess and obsolete inventory
- Responsible for Supplier NCR’s related to the quality of incoming materials including returns of defective materials.
- Evaluate and approve new suppliers based on their Quality System certifications and audit results.
- Take responsibility to ensure on-time delivery through collaboration with the purchasing team and logistics.
- Responsible for Product Configuration including adding new part numbers and obtaining supporting documentation.
- Work closely with Production Planning to understand forecast and production needs.
- Conduct regular pricing reviews to ensure minimal impact on COGS
- Back up for Production/Kanban procurement
- Back up for Expediting
- Promotional material sourcing and procurement
- Service Provider Qualifications & maintenance
- Maintenance of Parts Attributes database
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 Graduate.
- Post-Education or related experience Supply Chain, Inventory, Scheduling or Materials Management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- 2-4 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take independent initiatives when the need arises
- Must be able to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities