Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business?
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Mercer International joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening in the Technical Department for the role of:
This is a temporary position with the potential to lead to permanent employment with Cariboo Pulp.Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with review and interpretation of environmental regulations and reporting requirements
- Assists in coordination with government officials on routine and non-routine items (i.e. STI Audit)
- Receives and responds to complaints from the public
- Interpret local air station and meteorological data and coordinate with the Ministry of Environment when air station issues are identified
- Prepares monthly technical and environmental reports and assists in budget preparation
- Assists in management of ISO 14001 environmental management system and associated audit programs
- Conducts and assists with total reduced sulphur and particulate tests on the various stacks and assists with industrial hygiene testing
- Continuously monitor emission levels from the mill and conducts investigations as necessary
- Update Project Information pages, assists in maintaining lab equipment, and prepare environmental data/info
- Tour the inside and outside of mill areas by walking and using elevators, stairs when necessary, and driving a vehicle to inspect mill operations, effluent treatment facility, and other inside/outside areas
- Maintenance planning of air testing equipment to coincide with required testing (e.g. calibrate GC/HPLC/field equipment) in the lab
- Assists with new equipment purchase; provides technical advice when evaluating and validating inhouse testing results
- Update work instructions and provide guidance to operations
- Prepare data and graphs for environmental surveys, management requests, reliability meetings, etc.
- Responding to mill issues outside of dayshift hours
The following would be considered a strong asset:
- Technical certificate or post-secondary science degree
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- High commitment to safety
- Strong communication skills including technical or procedural writing
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficient and advanced use with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experienced with ISO 14001 EMS systems and working with regulators
- Mill and/or heavy industry experience
- Demonstrated leader who is seeking challenges and advancement
- Training in effluent system biology and function
- Knowledge of kraft pulp mill process
- Able to work occasional off hours and weekends and ability to conduct physically demanding work
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development and advancement, as well as the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package
to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobsWe thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Management and Executive