Public Health Technologist, Central Processing and Receiving LLL BC Centre for Disease Control, LM Labs, $30.90 to $38.63 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Participate in day-to-day work activities in CPRLLL-Microbiology by testing clinical and other specimens using automated or manual immunoassays, nucleic acid technique, and evaluating and verifying results according to established procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for all referred in tests. Seek direction as required from the Team Lead, Site Supervisor, Program Head/Medical Microbiologist or Laboratory Operations Manager as appropriate, on customer service issues.
- Perform all related functions required for the production of final reports such as preparing, testing and assessing quality control results prior to release of clinical results, troubleshoots specimen adequacy and prepares dilutions as required according to established procedures.
- Maintain and document maintenance of laboratory equipment. Recognize and report malfunctions in equipment.
- Participate in quality assurance programs for the Analytical Section through methods such as gathering data on turn around times (TAT) for test procedures, and monitoring performance and quality indicators. Report occurrences according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide input in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Analytical Section and making recommendations for changes.
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One (1) year of recent, related experience including experience in a research based laboratory or an equivalent combination of education, training and recent related experience.
You will have:
What's in it for you
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, manage time, and work independently.
- Ability to operate related equipment and use related software.
- Physically perform the job.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (until September 30, 2021)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $30.90 to $38.63 per hour
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotation M-F 0700-1500, 0800-1600, 1200-2000, 1400-2200, Sat & Sun possible
Requisition Number: 104988 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 18, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.