Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with experience in Public Health? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Health Nurse in our Population & Public Health Program.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing nursing services in community settings
- Applying knowledge, skills and abilities to promote health
- Collaborating with community resources and interdisciplinary teams
- Implementing and evaluating health services
- Immunizing children and adults against vaccine preventable diseases
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing including public health nursing component.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Six (6) months recent, relevant Public Health nursing experience or one years' recent nursing experience in Maternal/Infant/Child or successfully meets FH New Grad requirements with successful completion of final practicum/Co-op in Public Health
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes
This role is a relief full-time position located in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.