Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with experience in Public Health? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Health Nurse in our Population & Public Health Program.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing nursing services in community settings
- Applying knowledge, skills and abilities to promote health
- Collaborating with community resources and interdisciplinary teams
- Implementing and evaluating health services
- Immunizing children and adults against vaccine preventable diseases
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing including public health nursing component.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Six (6) months recent, relevant Public Health nursing experience or one years' recent nursing experience in Maternal/Infant/Child or successfully meets FH New Grad requirements with successful completion of final practicum/Co-op in Public Health
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes
This role is a relief full-time position located in Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver's most attractive suburbs - a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many breathtaking lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.