Psychologist, Medical Psychology
BC Children's Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Psychologist provides psychological services to assigned patients/clients with a variety of medical, developmental, behavioural, psychiatric and other problems. Contributes to departmental and organizational mandates and goals related to C&W's role as an academic health centre. Successful candidate will bring their previous experience to work with the BCCH Medical Psychology Team. What you'll do
What you bring
- Plan and organize the provision of services for specified programs or patient group(s), in consultation with the Head of Psychology or designate and in collaboration with the Clinic/Program Manager/Director (if applicable).
- Participate in activities related to coordinating the inter-disciplinary team as required for the clinic/program service delivery.
- Coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of psychodiagnostic assessments and treatment services such as cognitive, educational and social/emotional evaluations and psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual or group therapy, behaviour management, play psychotherapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, parent groups.
- Document assessments, treatment plans and outcomes and advises other members of the treatment team.
- Function as a primary Psychology contact for treatment teams, individuals or persons serving identified patient groups.
- Make recommendations for program planning and/or evaluation and the revision of criteria and procedures for referrals, needs assessment and case documentation.
- Promote the services of the department to the public, community and Professionals' groups as requested by the Head of Psychology or designate and in collaboration with the Clinic/Program Manager/Director (if applicable).
- Provide information and advice to colleagues, physicians and hospital personnel regarding psychological assessment, treatment modalities and patient care issues.
- Current registration by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or eligibility for registration.
- Training at the doctoral level in child clinical and/or developmental psychology, pediatric neuropsychology, or a closely related area.
- Recent related experience in women's and/or children, adolescent, psychodiagnostic, clinical and/or health care environment.
You also have the ability to:
What we bring
- Communicate and present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Carry out duties in timely fashion
- Establish priorities, develop/implement short-term and long-term objectives
- Deal with others effectively
- Teach and provide instruction
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills related to report writing and to recording and managing data
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Need more information? Please contact Heather Finn, Talent Acquisition Advisor @ email@example.com Job Type:
Temporary, Part-Time (0.60 FTE - until July 14, 2023) Wage:
$46.27 to $57.86 per hour Location:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9 Hours of Work:
Days of the week can be discussed; 0830-1630 Requisition #
127685 What we do
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.