Psychologist B Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, $46.27 to $57.86 per hour Part-Time and Full Time opportunities available.
The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video . What you'll do
What you bring
- Complete psychological assessments of clients, utilizing standardized and evidence- based interview and assessment procedures, including cognitive, social/emotional/personality, and behavioural assessments. Within a bio/psycho/social treatment model and working as part of an interdisciplinary team, incorporate psychological assessment results with the broader treatment plan.
- Provide psychological treatment and facilitate the education of referred clients by developing a treatment plan incorporating evidence based therapies and including the integration of cognitive behaviour therapy, supportive psychotherapy and individual short-term therapy/counseling interventions to clients and group therapy to enhance mental, physical, emotional and interpersonal functions.
- Assess client's progress, providing support to client, family members/care givers and facilitating the process of cognitive, emotional and behavioural changes according to the plan of treatment. Design, implement, monitor and evaluate cognitive and/or behaviour therapy programs and assist clients to mitigate dysfunctional behavior, with more constructive/adaptive coping strategies, for referred clients as required. Organize and lead group behaviour rehearsal/psychotherapy sessions.
- Promote the development of psychological services within the hospital/program by performing duties such as planning, organizing, providing and participating in inter-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary professional development programs.
- Provide formal and informal consultation to interdisciplinary team members, staff/community psychologists, other health care facilities and students by reviewing client/family needs or a specific client's progress, problem solving and providing guidance/knowledge in the management of a client or client group and information regarding the appropriate usage of psychology assessment and testing tools to facilitate a conducive learning environment and ongoing staff development.
What's in it for you
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years recent related experience in therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation services in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health & addiction services such as experience working with individuals with mental health issues, substance misuse, anxiety and mood disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular, Part-Time (0.60 FTE), Two Opportunities
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $46.27 to $57.86 per hour
28- 3405 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Wednesday: 8:30-16:30
Requisition Number: 98814_98815 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 10 th , 2020
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.