Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Are you a Clinical Psychologist with experience and a passion for working with individuals with complex mental health and substance use disorders? Join our team to make a difference in the lives of marginalized community members.
The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video . What you'll do
What you bring
- Complete client psychological assessments utilizing standardized and evidence-based interview and assessment procedures including cognitive, social/emotional/personality, and behavioural assessments. Within a bio/psycho/social treatment model and working as part of an interdisciplinary team, incorporate psychological assessment results within the broader treatment plan.
- Provide psychological treatment and facilitate the education of referred clients by developing a treatment plan, incorporating evidence-based therapies, and including the integration of cognitive behaviour therapy, supportive psychotherapy and individual short-term therapy/counseling interventions to clients individually and in group therapy to enhance mental, physical, emotional and interpersonal functions.
- Assess client's progress, providing support to clients and family members/caregivers and facilitating the process of cognitive, emotional and behavioural changes according to the plan of treatment. Design, implement, monitor and evaluate cognitive and/or behaviour therapy programs and assist clients in mitigating dysfunctional behavior with more constructive/adaptive coping strategies. Organize and lead group behaviour rehearsal/psychotherapy sessions.
- Promote the development of psychological services within the hospital/program by planning, organizing, providing and participating in inter-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary professional development programs.
- Provide formal and informal consultation to interdisciplinary team members, staff/community psychologists, other health care facilities and students by reviewing client/family needs or a specific client's progress, problem solving and providing guidance/knowledge in the management of a client or client group and information regarding the appropriate usage of psychology assessment and testing tools to facilitate a conducive learning environment and ongoing staff development.
What's in it for you
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years' recent related experience in therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation services in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health & addiction such as experience working with individuals with mental health issues, substance misuse, anxiety and mood disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Regular, Part-Time (0.60 FTE) Two Opportunities
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $46.27 to $57.86 per hour
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Hours of Work: Weekdays; daytime hours
Requisition Number: 86396 and 88083 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.