Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver; Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Be part of a firm where you are valued for your unique strengths and where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic sales organization?
Are you highly motivated and self-assured with a passion for writing and storytelling? Do you get a thrill from transforming technical material into a compelling, easy-to-digest narrative? Do you have experience writing proposals and other sales documents for public- and private-sector clients? If so, you should consider a stimulating and rewarding career as a Proposal Writer with our National Sales Office or "NSO"!What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Proposal Writer, you will be involved in all phases of a bid, starting with strategy development and writing guidance, and continuing through to the creation of compliant and high-scoring proposals and presentations. Working with collaborative teams of subject matter experts and other NSO professionals, you will have a key role in preparing and tailoring clear, concise, and engaging material that not only responds to the needs of our clients but resonates with the relevant audiences.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
About the team
- Working through all or part of the writing process (brainstorming, outlining, writing, revising, editing) for highly complex and strategic bids.
- Helping create a story line for proposals and related presentations.
- Working with teams to effectively translate the relationship, service line solution, and approach into written word based on interviews and other available material.
- Owning and writing nontechnical sections of the response, as well as coaching bid teams on the approach to preparing compliant responses that convey the appropriate tone and messaging.
- Working with senior firm executives, partners from a variety of businesses, global Deloitte offices, NSO professionals, and/or outside vendors.
- Coaching and mentoring junior NSO team members.
The NSO is a group of specialized professionals dedicated to driving Deloitte Canada's most strategic opportunities and maximizing the firm's return on sales investments. We guide the firm on sales governance, sales support, and sales innovation, and work with public and private sector teams from all the Deloitte businesses across the country.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- A relevant university degree, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a particularly keen eye for editing.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience preparing and tailoring sales-related content.
- Empathetic approach, with the ability to review large volumes of content and surface the details that matter to our clients.
- Ability to collate and synthesize large amounts of information into a persuasive story.
- Ability to work with practitioners from varying backgrounds, interact with executives, steer teams through strategic discussions, and influence others.
- Ability to set an example regarding teamwork, dedication to quality, building up others, and recognizing and respecting differences.
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset.
- Experience in the procurement process from the consultant and/or client perspective is an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.