PFS Studio is a landscape architecture, urban design, and planning firm that undertakes a wide range of projects in both the private and public sector throughout the Lower Mainland, across Canada, and internationally. PFS Studio has a professional staff of 35 and a support staff of 3.
PFS Studio is searching for a full-time Proposal Writer and Marketing Coordinator to become a part of our dynamic office located in the Kitsilano / Granville Island area of Vancouver.
The position requires an energetic, well-organized, self-directed person with a willingness to learn within a fast-paced design firm. This is a deadline driven position and the successful applicant must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate with both internal staff members and external team members. The successful applicant must also have an eye for graphic design, layout and detail.
- Intermediate to high level of experience using Adobe InDesign
- Intermediate level of experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Keen Interest in design and communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Experience in professional writing would be an asset
- Keen attention to detail in all tasks
- Must be self-motivated, confident and have the ability to assure others that assigned tasks will be completed correctly and on time
- Must be able to juggle multiple deadlines and coordinate amongst large teams
- Past experience in proposal writing and coordination would be an asset but is not required
- Understanding of the design and construction process would be an asset but is not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Projects would be an asset but is not required
- Familiarity with WordPress and experience managing corporate social media accounts would be considered an asset
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating and preparing proposals, often on a tight deadline and dealing with information coming from multiple sources, both internal and external, including:
- Assessing RFQ/EOI/RFPs for proposal requirements, developing compliant proposal outlines, and compiling, editing, and writing standard proposal components in adherence to RFQ/EOI/RFP requirements.
- Collaborating with proposal team members, often located in multiple geographical locations, to obtain and develop information needed to respond to client requirements.
- Compiling disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a clear, persuasive proposal that is technically correct and clearly conveys the proposal strategy
- Formatting proposal components to comply with client requirements and internal branding guidelines.
- Performing quality control to contribute to high-quality, compliant and responsive submissions.
- Assisting with the proposal production, packaging and delivery process to ensure on-time arrival.
- Managing the firms library of promotional material such as CV’s, project sheets, professional photography etc
- Creating new promotional material such as cutsheets, brochures, books and presentations
Other potential duties for applicants with the necessary skills
- Managing the company social media accounts
- Updating the company website
- Preparing awards submissions
- Working with external groups to prepare material for publication in magazines, books, exhibitions and other mediums
- Coordinating with photographers
- Enhancing images using Photoshop
Position hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with the ability to work overtime as required
Position Start Date: ASAP
Office Location: 1777 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Application: Cover letter and resume with references by email only. No phone calls or visits please.
(Please put "Proposal / Marketing Coordinator Position" in the subject line)
Applications will be reviewed and short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Salary dependent on experience
Creative and Graphic Design