Position Summary PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT Job ID: 3938 SHORT-TERM/FULL-TIME Location: Vancouver, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT POSITION SUMMARY
The Property Portfolio Assistant (PPA) provides support to tenants and Property Portfolio Managers (PPMs) regarding all associated programs and services, including rent calculations, annual reviews, the scheduling and maintenance processes of housing stock and other related services. He/She/They assists with the initial set-up of tenant records with accurately documented rents, subsidies, services and the ongoing maintenance of files using established protocols and BC Housing's systems and databases. The incumbent analyzes and interprets tenant and housing records to ensure accuracy and initiates corrective action when necessary. The PPA may be required to complete tenancy interviews and sign-ups in the absence or in conjunction with the PPM. He/She/They is required to work on site as well as in an office environment. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration.
- Considerable progressive experience in a comparable environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Proficient in the use of office systems and operating procedures and systems.
- Proficient with computer applications, including MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Good keyboarding skills with minimum of 50 wpm keyboard speed.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage files and organize confidential documentation.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and difficult conversations.
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and within a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced and frequently changing environment.
- Ability to investigate and solve problems creatively and within established regulations.
- Ability to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to be highly organized managing multiple responsibilities while ensuring accuracy and timely completion of each assigned task.
- Ability to interpret financial documents received from tenants accurately.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to learn computer applications and administrative tasks quickly and efficiently.
Management and Executive