Position Summary PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT Job ID: 2921 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: PRINCE GEORGE, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT POSITION SUMMARY
The duties of the Property Portfolio Assistant include receiving and prioritizing housing applications and matching applicants to vacancies, completing landlord reference checks for new applicants, the initial set-up of tenant records with accurately documented rents, subsidies, services and the ongoing maintenance of the files using established protocols and BC Housing's systems and databases. Working in a team setting the Property Portfolio Assistant provides direct support to tenants and Property Portfolio Managers (PPMs) regarding all associated programs, products and services including rent calculations, annual reviews, the scheduling and maintenance processes of housing stock and other services. While reviewing and monitoring tenant and housing records, the Property Portfolio Assistant analyzes and interprets information to ensure accuracy and initiates corrective action when necessary. As required the Property Portfolio Assistant will complete the tenancy interview and sign-up in the absence or in conjunction with the Property Portfolio Manager. Property Portfolio Assistants perform both the major and support responsibilities outlined below. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration
- Minimum three years of progressively more responsible experience in a comparable environment
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of software systems:
- Proficiency with Word 6.0 with higher intermediate to advanced functions
- Good knowledge of Windows 98/Windows XP
- Experience with using spreadsheets, especially Excel 5.0 or higher
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent knowledge of office systems and operating procedures and systems
- Keyboarding skills - 50 wpm
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to investigate and solve problems creatively and within established regulations
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven ability to organize multiple responsibilities simultaneously while ensuring accuracy
- and follow through to completion each activity and transaction
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning computer applications quickly
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and priorities and to maintain multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Societies
- Familiarity with applicable legislation (Residential Tenancy Act, etc)
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019