Position Summary PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST Job ID: 3402 REGULAR FULL-TIME LOCATION: VICTORIA, BC An exciting opportunity awaits!
We have an exciting opportunity for multiple, full-time Project Technologists
to play a pivotal role in the renovation and renewal of social housing buildings across the Province. Based at our Victoria office and travelling to sites when required, you'll experience a sense of accomplishment as you work on a range of housing properties, overseeing design and construction and ensuring compliance with municipal standards.
As a Project Technologist, you'll use your critical thinking skills and knowledge of BC Building Code/municipal approval process to review specifications, perform site inspections, manage the work of consultants and contractors, complete contract administration, and provide technical services support, as required.
Of course, no two days are likely to be the same in this role. If you're seeking a rewarding opportunity that offers lots of challenge, collaboration and a healthy work/life balance, this could be the role for you!
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have great communication skills, a positive attitude and a diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program.
Eligibility for designation as an AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) is a definite advantage, but not essential. Ideally, you'll also have:
- Specific training in building envelope principles, industry standards, regulatory requirements, construction contract administration and sound construction practices
- Minimum 5 years experience in advance level technologist work within the discipline
- Two years contract administration experience including significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and construction software
Most importantly, we're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization
and who are committed to helping those in need. You'll also be able to read and critique construction drawings and have experience inspecting new and existing buildings and estimating construction costs. Some exposure to building envelope assessment reports is considered an asset.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid BC driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is also required. Successful candidates are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into our supportive and collaborative workplace
that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation plus a modified work week option and additional paid personal days
We're also a social and inclusive team that values open communication and transparency
. We ensure that all of our team members have a voice and that their opinions are heard and actioned. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort that our people go to each and every day and we also have Reward and Recognition programs that reward great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas, and positive change.
Maintenance and Technicians