Position Summary Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers! www.bchousing.org/careers
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people's lives and communities.
What makes BC housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits! Project Technologist Job ID: 2488 Victoria, BC POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the assigned Manager is responsible for ensuring that all projects developed and administered by BC Housing comply with the appropriate Design and Construction Standards. Conducts detailed plan and specification reviews, conducts site inspections during construction and provides contract administration services. Monitors the work of inspectors, architects, other consultants and general contractors. QUALIFICATIONS:
Training an asset in the following:
- Diploma from a minimum 2 year Building, Engineering or Architectural Technology Program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program)
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
- At least 2 years acceptable technologist work experience
- Considerable related field experience.
- Two years contract administration experience including significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
- Project management
- Building envelope principles,
- Industry standards including regulatory requirements,
- Construction contract administration
- Recommended construction practices.
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the organization REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and well-honed decision making skills
- Creative thinking and innovation skills; has demonstrated initiative carrying out roles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Ability to read and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- A good understanding of Municipal approval procedures
- Experience inspecting buildings
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects
- Proficiency in use and of MS Office applications and in Construction software
- Valid BC Driver's Licence
- Willingness to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no) The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We're also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Twitter @ BCHjobs to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
Posted: September 15, 2017
Closes:October 22, 2017