Job ID: 2268
Burnaby, BC From start to finish - you'll be the project manager for the renovation and renewal of social housing buildings
Experience a sense of accomplishment as you work on a range of housing properties, overseeing design and construction and ensuring compliance with municipal standards. This will involve: reviewing specifications; performing site inspections; managing the work of consultants and contractors; contract administration; and technical services support as required.
Your critical thinking skills, knowledge of the BC Building Code/municipal approval process and ability to read/critique construction drawings make you well-suited to this role. Ideally, you're also experienced in inspecting residential buildings and estimating construction costs. You possess:
Training an asset in the following:
- Diploma from a minimum 2 year Building, Engineering or Architectural Technology Program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program).
- Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the organization
- At least 2 years acceptable technologist work experience
- Considerable related field experience.
- Two years contract administration experience including significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
- Project management
- Building envelope principles,
- Industry standards including regulatory requirements,
- Construction contract administration
- Recommended construction practices.
Prior to applying, please review the Job Description for this position.
Eligibility for designation as an AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) would be highly desirable. Please Note: This positions requires:
** Successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check **
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel
BC Housing- one of BC's Top Employers for 2016 -is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To apply for the role of Project Technologist or to view the full job description and other opportunities, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers .
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume
clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Please see below for some useful information/tips regarding e-Recruit.
- Most people find answers to their questions related to e-Recruit at " https://www.bchousing.org/resources/Job_Centre/PDFs/ERecruit-FAQ.pdf " where you can check out help guides and FAQs.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
- While we may receive applications from many qualified applicants, we will only be contacting those who are shortlisted.
- Follow us on Twitter @BCHjobs to get up-to-the moment information regarding our vacancies.
- If you have any questions that are not answered in our FAQ's please contact HR_admin@bchousing.org