is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable NORTH VANCOUVER, DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, OR EDMONTON WSP
is currently seeking a motivated Project Manager, with significant experience in managing and leading diverse project teams in the evaluation, design and construction of pipelines, pump stations and reservoirs in our North Vancouver/Downtown Vancouver/Edmonton Offices. Reporting to the Director Conveyance & Infrastructure Planning, the Project Manager will lead and facilitate planning and engineering studies for water infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on projects for municipal clients, leading major municipal water & wastewater pipelines and pump station projects including planning, feasibility studies, preliminary design, detailed design and constructability assessments. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.
• Manage and deliver work on water & wastewater pump stations, pipelines, reservoir projects to the customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
• Leading the analysis, design, construction administration, and preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications and estimates for various water/wastewater, pipeline, and pump station design projects
• Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
• Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
• Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
• Take technical and management responsibility of tasks and delegate effectively to junior staff
• Ability to work well with a dynamic and ambitious team. Help us deliver on several high-profile city and catchment studies, support our busy detailed design teams, push our digital boundaries and work with us to deliver a bright future for our conveyance team
• Interacting directly with various personnel in our Client's organisations, including face to face progress meetings.
• Other duties as assigned . QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 8+ years of technical engineering skills in water/wastewater pipelines, pump stations design;
• Experience in Dams and Reservoirs design would be advantageous
• Previous design experience in utilities designing for Highway and Land Development projects would be advantageous
• Experience in Tunneling Projects would be advantageous
• Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required, Master's degree a plus
• Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration with EGBC.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
• Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents
• Experience delivering technical and business presentations; Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct development of large projects and pursuits with complex features
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
• Ability to work independently; and
• Ability to mentor junior staff. .
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC
Construction, Mining and Trades