Feel free to send your resume to: email@example.com
The Project Manager, under the direction of the President, Production, will primarily be responsible to coordinate and assist site superintendents with general project management. This position will assist to remove any/all road project blocks. This role will also manage and create project documents, schedules, and budgets. The Project Manager must possess a degree or diploma in a related field and position-relevant bonding and certifications.
- Coordinate and assist site superintendents with general project management.
- Assist to remove any/all road project blocks.
- Manage and create project documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Create and supply health and safety documents to site superintendent and/or foremen in addition to creating and issuing startup notices.
- Work with purchasing to issue subcontractor and supplier purchase orders.
- Review and source possible cost savings.
- Obtain product and material related documentation for consultant or customer.
- Monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Attend weekly/biweekly project meetings with the client and the engineer. Manage all action items that arise in these meetings.
- Create a bi-weekly action item report outlining areas of the project that are behind schedule and create an action plan to help the team gets the project back on schedule or ahead of schedule.
- Monitor project quality, Issue start-up notices, and assist site superintendent with project start-up.
- Identify all long lead time order items and work with purchasing to get these items ordered as soon as possible in the project.
- Work with Accounts Receivable/Scheduling to prepare and issue monthly invoices and schedule updates.
- Visit site as required to ensure schedule, budget, and quality
- Review general site conditions for safety and cleanliness etc.
- Review and approve supplier invoices.
- Ensure expenses are properly allocated.
- Document and record extras and change orders etc.
- Seek out opportunities for additional work on existing projects.
- Obtain written approval of all change orders and extras etc.
- Issue and review completion notices and deficiency reports.
- Ensure the completion of deficiency items.
- Obtain and issue all warranty documentation from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Schedule future issuing of the “Hold Back” release invoice.
- Create and issue a “New City” warranty if required.
- Schedule closeout meetings with customers or consultants to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Degree or diploma in a related field
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in a related industry
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to manage coordination efforts in construction maintenance projects with various parties, such as architects, project engineers, and landscaping installers
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Proven experience preparing and conducting post-implementation evaluations
- Ability to create realistic schedules to support the timely completion of construction maintenance projects
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Competitive salary
- Salary increase based on performance
- Recognition programs
- Advanced technology tools
- Stable work-life balance
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A positive and fun corporate culture, while maintaining accountability
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Career Development Programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Group Insurance Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Eye Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Right Directions Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Program
New City Contracting strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, New City Contracting will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout employment.
Construction, Mining and Trades