Project ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe withinnovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.Lead the execution of medium-size drives, motors and service projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.Your responsibilities
- 1. Project leadership
- Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- 2. Planning and scheduling
- Defines, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- 3. Project execution and control
- Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- 4. Contract, claims and procurement management Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- 5. Stakeholder relations
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- 6. Health, safety and environment (HSE)
- Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree with a minium of 5 year of experience with project execution or relevant experience.
- Strong English and French language skills (spoken and written).
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to communicate with customers in emergency situations.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good knowledge of the contractual, legal and commercial aspects.
- Good technical knowledge in the project field.
- Strong organization skills, Leadership skills; Negotiation skills, Proactive, Result-oriented, Ability in managing several tasks; Flexibility, Tact and diplomacy; Abilities to conduct meetings and make presentations.
- PMP certification (Project Management Professional) : an asset.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.\"For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
Management and Executive