You love a challenge and are eager to learn. You are a detail oriented project manager, with an aptitude for technology. You work well in a casual yet fast-paced team environment. You work well with others, yet have the confidence to support and drive projects. You have what it takes to grow with our business, for the long run. Maybe, you even like wake-boarding…
As a Project Manager at Traction, your top priority will be working with the development team to drive the timelines of our product releases. You will be responsible for the implementation of Traction’s product lines – Guest, Hierarchies, Complete, and Territories.
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules and planning documents (effort estimates, resource requirements, and capital costs, etc.)
- Plans projects and releases in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Schedules tasks, deadlines, and milestones for stakeholders and resources.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and identify schedule uncertainties.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Own the timeline for completing each phase of implementing the products and hold the team accountable to those timelines.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of features across Agile scrum teams, as well as taking on the role of scrum master on one or more teams.
- Coordinates internal team members in each role to successfully deliver releases.
- Intimately understands the requirements of our products and ensures that work proceeds on-spec.
- Understands Traction’s cloud based technologies and the platforms we work with (CRM, Jira, BitBucket, Smartsheet, etc.) in order to manage scope and solution.
- Evaluates deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality.
- Acts as a leader: responsible for the day-to-day execution of the project process.
- Efficiently and competently manages roadblocks – when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines etc.) bring them back on plan or create a new plan with the assistance of key-stakeholders.
- Actively monitor project progress, track outstanding issues and risks, chair project meetings, follow up on action items, and provide timely project status updates to engineering, sales, marketing and management.
- Continuously evolve software project management processes to ensure an efficient project lifecycle, borrowing concepts from modern software development methodologies like Scrum and SAFe.
- Understands any external client deadlines and helps to accomplish those goals amongst the prioritized roadmap.
- 5+ years in Software Project Management
- High aptitude for hunger to work in technology
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to interact with a customer’s executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to multi-task in a SUPER fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science
- Project management related certification
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Scrum Master Certification
- 5+ years in Project Management managing IT based projects
Posted: September 21, 2016
Closes:November 20, 2016