Reporting to the Director, Wireless and Telecom Services, Technology Services, the Project Manager leads major projects and project teams and is responsible for the overall management, justification, planning, execution, control and close of same.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- In collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, develops project plans, including definition of scope, budget, schedule, risks, deliverables, and project team responsibilities.
- Leads the planning for project execution; establishes standards for the execution, costs, and quality of the project.
- Manages the execution of the project within scope, timeline and budget; plans, analyses and directs the execution of tasks; identifies, evaluates and tracks project risks; assesses and resolves complex, diverse and unique issues; reviews work in progress and assesses completed work for accuracy, required results, and quality assurance.
- Determines internal and external resource requirements for assigned projects; identifies requirements for commercial arrangements with consultants and contractors, as required; assigns work and provides instructions, advice and technical leadership and guidance to team members.
- In collaboration with other E-Comm departments, contributes to the development of contracts, requests for proposal, requests for quotation, and tender documents including terms and conditions, scope of work definition, technical requirements, project requirements and schedules.
- Reviews purchase orders, change orders, contract sub-contracts and project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports, billing and claims, and may recommend approval as appropriate; enforces project and product lifecycle standards.
- Undertakes project stakeholder consultation to accomplish objectives; provides input into the development and application of corporate project management methodology; leads problem-solving activities; investigates and analyses challenging and unique problems; evaluates risks, applies innovative solutions, and seeks new and unique technology, processes and products.
- Liaises with a wide variety of internal and external contacts and communicates on matters related to the work; develops effective relationships vital to the success of the E-Comm programs, projects and/or service support agreements and/or service delivery contracts.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of project management methods, techniques, and resource estimating and scheduling related to the work performed.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and prescribed methodologies.
- Knowledge of public safety systems and networks.
- Knowledge of computer system applications, operations and administration related to the work performed.
- Knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint.
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage project development and to determine, prioritize and execute activities.
- Ability to anticipate, investigate, research and analyze challenging and unique problems, and to resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work effectively and to elicit cooperation with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare clear, concise and complete reports.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records and documentation related to the work.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in engineering, computer science or business with a technology focus, plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certificate as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute or similar organization.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Displays honesty, integrity and ethical conduct at all times.
- Respectfully deals with all internal and external clients at all times.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making quick and accurate decisions.
- Displays exceptional prioritizing and multi-tasking skills in a priority driven environment.
- Commitment to professionalism and excellence in customer service.
- Exhibits outstanding teamwork skills and is committed to goals and successes through collaboration and cooperation.
- Is interested in a long-term career at E-Comm.
WHAT WE OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Meaningful Work: strong sense of purpose in support of the public and first- responders across B.C.
- The minimum residency in Canada to qualify for this position, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies, is three (3) to five (5) years.
- To qualify for this process, a candidate may either be a Canadian Permanent Resident [PR] or Canadian Citizens.
- We regret any candidates under Student, Visitor, or Work Visas are not eligible for consideration.
- Broad-level background experience in Land mobile radio systems (LMRS), Radio Frequency (RF), Mobile Radio, Telecommunications, Wireless communications systems.
- Low-level hands-on implementation experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Roll-Outs, Workstation deployments.
- PMP designation and/or relevant combination of project management, business experience, and education.
- 5 years project management and/or relevant combination of leadership in public safety.
- Client service experience in public sectors including meeting and project facilitation of disparate internal and external resources.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS SharePoint.
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills including documentation
HIGHLY DESIRABLE REQUIREMENT S
- Experience in public sector.
- ITIL Foundations.
- MS Project.
- Previous experience in building and managing high-performing teams to deliver program(s) of work encompassing complete wireless network design/build, core/access design/re-design/build, and systems integration
- Awareness of logistics and procurement processes to meet delivery requirements and ensure inventory levels were sufficient to meet current and expected demands.
- Ability to build annual and quarterly forecasts for material and resources supply management and resource allocation.
- We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and a benefits program that includes Medical Services Plan, Extended Medical, Dental, and Vision Care.
- This is a Regular Full-Time position.
TOTAL NUMBER OF POSITIONS
- ASAP, depending on candidate availability and security clearance.
- We are unable to accept in-person, paper, or fax submissions.
- For ease of responding, you may submit your resume directly to:
- with the subject line: Project Manager - Technology Services (#655-75-MH9898)
Posted: July 18, 2018
Closes: September 16, 2018