Scaffolding Project Manager/Sales
Excel Scaffold Solutions is seeking a Project Manager/Sales for scaffolding projects servicing the major commercial and industrial industries in British Columbia and Alberta. This position will work out of the head office located in Surrey, British Columbia.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage/Direct field team (up to 100 workers) in conjunction with the Site Supervisor through planning and organizing of resources required and creating the daily work schedule.
- Attend all key project meetings
- Manage document preparation and change orders
- Keep Management informed by submitting activity and results reports such as daily/weekly/monthly work plans.
- Demonstrate superior safety behaviours in the planning and execution of the work, supporting the Company’s safety, quality and environment programs.
- Manage employee and client relations utilizing your superior communication skills and ability to diplomatically resolve conflicts among the various individuals.
- Bring about the optimum utilization of labour, materials and equipment and ensure their procurement at most cost-effective terms while meeting project schedule requirements.
- Service existing accounts; build rapport with existing client managers, sales reps, etc. and ask for referrals; manage a sales pipeline.
- Prepare formal estimates and RFP submissions.
- Identify, develop, implement, strategic plan to obtain new customers.
- Understand market place and continue to monitor same in regards to competition and pricing
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- 5-7 year’s experience in a role that would compliment the above such as:
- Knowledge of the industrial scaffold trade and construction industry
- Sales/estimating experience in an industrial or construction setting
- Project delivery experience
- A Project Manager Certificate or a PMP diploma or an equivalent amount of job-related experience
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to manage others; diplomacy; excellent conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant local BC and Alberta safety, security and environmental legislation
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel as required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: September 25, 2016
Closes:November 24, 2016