We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated candidates with good communication and people skills, and proven experience in leading teams and managing system and software projects, to meet the requirements of our international customers. As a Project Manager at MDA, you will enjoy interesting, challenging work and many benefits. You will be given the responsibility and authority to manage projects in high technology, engineering domains using the latest systems engineering and software technologies. You will grow your project management capability you will be part of a team of project managers in a company that is known internationally for successfully completing highly complex projects over the past 30 years. You will build, motivate and lead a project team, with support from various departments that will provide specialist staff, to achieve the project objectives. There will be opportunities to work with professional system, software and hardware engineers, travel internationally, work with customers of various cultural backgrounds, and enjoy instant recognition/credentials because of MDA's international status. You will feel a sense of accomplishment when you and your team deliver results to meet customer needs.Primary Activities Responsibilities:
Candidate Profile Requirements (experience/skills):
- You will be responsible for leading teams of software / system engineers and professionals through the entire software/system development cycle
- Your responsibilities will include delivering quality products and services within a committed budget and schedule, project planning and tracking, resource procurement and assignment, external and internal communications, risk management, contractual issues resolution, subcontractor management, and, most importantly, building a strong, well-motivated project team
- You will also provide bid management and proposal management support to the marketing and sales team, including customer liaison, solution and costing preparation and review, to help win new business
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired formal management training considered an asset (e.g. MBA, PMI) further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, contracts, negotiation)
- 5+ years of related management experience required (e.g. line management, team lead, coordinator, organizer etc.), in addition to experience in an engineering environment
- Experience managing fixed-price or cost plus projects (between $5 - 10 million dollars) for international customers where you dealt with significant risks relating to scope, technology, cost, and schedule is especially helpful
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools with a thorough understanding of software and hardware development processes and methodologies
- Have managed a group of up to 20 staff (mix of technical staff and/or customer service staff and non-technical administrative support, incl. project accountant and contracts staff)
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning, organizing and progress control. You have negotiation skills, the ability to delegate, the ability to work with all levels of an organization
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.