Project Manager – Residential Single Family and Heritage Conversion
Salary: $95,000 – $110,000
Location: Vancouver, BC
This is an exciting Project Manager opportunity to take on a heritage conversion to a duplex and 5 new spec homes on the same lot in South Vancouver. Want more details? Call me to find out more; or read on!
This company works very closely with a local developer who has a large portfolio of land awaiting development. Future projects will likely include 4 and 6 storey multi family wood frame and concrete projects which could help you expand your niche as a Project Manager.
This growing general contracting and construction management company has been building in Vancouver for over seven years and has close ties to an expanding local developer. They started out with a focus on Custom Homes; however they have recently began delivering multi-family wood-frame projects in the Vancouver and Richmond areas as an General Contractor and an Owner’s Representative.
Take on the Project Management duties for a heritage conversion to a duplex as well as 5 new spec homes on a lot in South Vancouver. The project is currently in the permitting phase and you will take over these responsibilities until final permits are received. During this time you will assist on other ongoing multi-family projects. Once the project is in full swing you will spend 100% of you type managing the project and ensuring the successful and on-time completion of this unique project. Some typical duties include:
- Communicate with design & government stakeholders to ensure all permits and approvals are processed quickly
- Tendering, contract management, coding invoices, budget control, scheduling and value engineering
- Conduct regular monthly evaluations of budgets versus actual and update construction schedule accordingly
- Manage construction schedule, update progress reports, manage budgets and change orders
- Review and submit information for the monthly progress draw
- Between 50%-80% based out of the Vancouver office with the remaining time spent on-site
- 5+ years of construction project management experience with a focus on residential construction
- Engineering degree and solid Vancouver based experience
- A developed network of local trades and design professionals
- Open to future roles in multi-family construction
- Strong computer skills including ability to create schedules from scratch in MS Project
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $95,000 – $110,000 (ideally on a contract)
- Vacation: 3 weeks
- Bonus potential to be negotiated into contract
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248
for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
* Follow me on LinkedIn & Twitter (@MarkFedRecruits
) for further job opportunities and construction news.