Are you a candidate?
We are seeking a person with experience working for a Web Development company serving external clients and who has extensive experience with large scale projects.
Cheeky Monkey Media likes to deliver the best possible service to our clients, which is why we need a Monkey like you to help us "swing" through our project processes.
It will be important for you to understand and deal with various customer needs - from the typical requests to the unique "not so common" ones, which certainly makes this job interesting! We require a quick thinker and problem solver who will complement our Project Management team; someone who can "drop it like it's hot" PM style! Appreciation of our Monkey humor and a positive attitude will certainly be an asset when applying for this position.
We are looking to hire a Project Manager who is able to work out of our main office, located in Kelowna, British Columbia.
So, now that we have your attention, what are some perks to working with a bunch of people who call themselves monkeys?
Your Project Management duties will include:
- Flexibility: You get to choose your hours and that's pretty awesome. Your start time is also flexible. Because we roll like that.
- Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
- Diversity: Our team is not your average Drupal team. We aim to please, but we also have a great time with it.
- Team Meetings: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
- Backup: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.
- Competitive Pay: Our pay scale is competitive, so we won't leave you out to starve. We value your talent and for that you shall be rewarded.
The right Project Manager will also have experience in the following:
- Identify and capture additional opportunities as well as follow-up work with clients.
- Pro-actively identify and secure staff for existing and potential client engagements.
- Draft Statements of Work and other contracts for clients.
- Ensure customer satisfaction of solutions by managing client expectations with regards to schedule, scope, quality, and budget.
- Provide day-to-day management and status activities between project team and client.
- Develop, track, and update project schedules and budgets for clients.
- Monitor project status and manage tasks, scope, and deliverables using company tools and methodology.
- Determine and communicate client objectives to the project team.
- Facilitate communication within the development team about risks, issues, and approaches.
- Manage the development of requirements, information architecture, content delivery plans, and day-to-day contact with clients, partners and vendors.
- Maintain the backlog along with the PO, provide project reporting and documentation as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint demos, and retrospective ceremonies with the Scrum team.
- Quality Assurance: write simple Selenium tests and do first pass at QA along with QA support during launch.
- Provide project status reports to management team and clients describing the state of the project.
- Ensure environment, materials, and resources are in place for the success of the project.
- Assign and monitor project staff, providing task prioritization and direction when necessary.
- Perform pro-active risk assessment, management, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide operational support to ensure timely and accurate execution of the staffing, contracts, and invoicing processes.
- Work with marketing department to create marketing materials for projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, preferably in a technical field. PMP or MBA is a plus.
- Must possess at least 2 years of management experience.
- Must possess at least 2 years of software development or IT project experience.
- Requires a thorough understanding of basic Internet technologies.
- Requires a demonstrated understanding of project management techniques and tools.
- Have a passion for process design, efficiency, and appropriateness.
- Must have experience with managing clients.
- Should have experience identifying additional opportunities for future or additional work and engaging with others to win that work.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Requires proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Requires strong communication (verbal and written) skills with team members and clients.
- Requires discipline to keep estimates, documentation, and timekeeping up to date.
- Must possess an interest in learning new technologies, techniques, and practices.
- Must possess a willingness, attitude, and creativity to help customers find workable solutions.
How to Apply
- Certified ScrumMaster
- PMP certification
- Coach/mentoring skills
- Experience with government and NGO clients
- Proficient with the tools we use: Jira, Harvest, Selenium, Google Drive, Google hangouts
If you match the above description and are excited to start a career with monkeys, please apply online now: http://opportunities.lovehr.ca/o/project-manager