Project Manager – High-Rise Concrete Residential Project in Burnaby
Salary: $120,000 – $130,000
Location: Burnaby, BC
Industry: Construction & Development
Towers are popping up in Burnaby faster than anywhere else and you could join the management team on a great ongoing mixed-use development.
An extremely successful real estate development and construction company, with operations across Western Canada. They have an impressive portfolio, covering a wide range of diverse projects specifically commercial and multi-family residential asset classes. They develop projects from 4 storey wood-frame apartments and townhomes to major transit oriented concrete mixed-use tower construction. They may be the most aggressive company in BC today in terms of buying up existing traditional and strip mall locations, with future development potential. This diversification across Western Canada give them an opportunity to weather economic challenges and number of developments in the pipeline will allow for career progression within this organization.
You will join the existing team on a major mixed-use project that is currently ongoing. You will take over the Project Management duties on an upcoming residential tower with commercial components on the lower levels. Typical duties include:
- This will be accomplished through detailed trade contractor selection
- Master the project drawings in order to foresee constructability concerns ahead of time and minimize costly change order
- Ensure the documentation details are tracked by the Project Coordinators to ensure the occupancy phase goes smoothly
- Identify changes in project scope and manage the change order process with the trades
- Ensures that project staff understands the Company’s operating policies and practices
- Help ensure the company safety policies are implemented throughout the jobsite
- Other duties are typical of any Construction Project Manager role and will be reviewed during the interview phase
- Minimum of 1 start-to-finish concrete high-rise mixed-use or Residential projects as a Project Manager
- 8+ years of experience working with a self-performing developer or General Contractor
- Experience in the Lower Mainland and a strong network of local industry connections and trades
- Excellent problem solving, leadership and communication skills
- Assets: Engineering or construction related degree, LEED accreditation and estimating experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $120,000 – $130,000
- Vacation: 3 - 4 weeks
- Discretionary bonus up to 10% of salary or more
- Extended medical, dental and paramedical including MSP coverage
- Phone allowance
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248
for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
* Follow me on LinkedIn & Twitter (@MarkFedRecruits) for further job opportunities and construction news.