We are seeking an innovative Project Manager
with a background in health care construction
to join our team at the Lions Gate Hospital
to lead projects across the Coastal Community of Care. Your diverse experience in construction will prepare you to be involved in the planning, coordination, development and delivery of construction projects. Your assignments include small to medium-sized projects, where you will use your experience to solve technical complexities and coordinate with stakeholders. You will lead the project from planning to construction implementation.
The assignments will be related to construction projects
. Some of the project opportunities you may be working on include the following:
- Renovations and new construction of clinical and infrastructure projects.
- Equipment replacement, installation and upgrades.
- Infrastructure renewal and upgrades.
You will work with a dedicated team of professionals with a diverse skillset who thrive in a collaborate culture. The north shore team supports communication, collaboration and success. We offer the opportunity to work in a rewarding health care environment, as you will be able to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Your key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage facilities projects including the preparation of project charters, confirmation of project scope, development of project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provide leadership of projects, and work with project stakeholders and sponsors to convey timely information with respect to the project status, ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide leadership in the creation of drawings and specifications for projects produced by outside architectural and engineering consultants.
- Work with leadership to maintain budgets, timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Develop and oversee project business plans for construction projects including: feasibility studies, solution development, and the identification of functional requirements.
Your ability to develop project budgets, construction estimates and your experience in construction management will be a strong asset to the north shore team.
We are seeking an individual with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design or Urban Planning and a professional designation. This will be supplemented with five to seven years’ recent related experience in facilities/capital project design, planning and management working with complex, multi-disciplinary facility projects. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
You excel at working independently, as well as in collaboration with others. You are adept in your knowledge of project management principles and methodologies. In order to succeed, you are required to have skills in partner engagement and strong communication.
This Regular Full Time
opportunity is located at Lion’s Gate Hospital
in North Vancouver
A career with LMFM will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Apply today, and make a difference in the communities we serve.
Lower Mainland Facilities Management (LMFM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), collectively, "the Organizations". It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Its goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Posted: February 11, 2018
Closes:March 27, 2018