Facilities Management (FM)
provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), collectively, the Organizations. It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Our goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast. Position Highlights
Bring your comprehensive knowledge of health care planning and construction
to this exciting role! As Project Manager
with Lower Mainland Facilities Management located at Lion’s Gate Hospital in North Vancouver.
The successful applicant will be working on projects across the Coastal Community of Care
, you will be involved in planning, coordination, development and delivery of small to medium sized construction projects from strategic planning phases to construction implementation. Projects may include residential care and hospices, clinical projects, equipment installation projects, infrastructure replacement or upgrade projects and other similar work. Your key responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and develop project business cases for assigned projects, documentation of the project charter, identifying functional requirements, scope and design concepts, reviewing budgets and implementation planning schedules;
- Coordinate and prepare pre-approval project planning and construction schedules, project budgets and project data in conjunction with the Planning and Projects Team;
- Application of evidence-based design and LEAN Principles for assigned projects or initiatives;
- Develop the planning and design of facilities and/or renovations, including project scope, design concept and development and project implementation plans; coordinates other assigned projects;
- Coordinate drawings and specifications for smaller projects produced by outside architectural and engineering consultants; manage design teams and other planners and stakeholders in the Organizations regarding project scope development and approvals processes and project implementation when assigned; prepares project feasibility studies.
As the successful candidate, you have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Urban Planning and a professional designation, supplemented with five to seven years’ recent related experience in facilities/capital project planning, design and management working with complex, multi-disciplinary facility projects, and progressive experience in a management or leadership strategic planning role.
You excel at working independently as well as in collaboration with others, and are adept in your knowledge of project management principles and methodologies. Skills in stakeholder engagement and strong communication are required.Valued Benefits
A career with Lower Mainland Facilities Management will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. This regular full-time position is based out of North Vancouver – Lion’s Gate Hospital
, subject to change due to operational requirements.